Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Books that ask kids to think mathematically or to problem solve in new ways not only reinforce math and literacy skills, but also highlight creative thinking!
- The Relatives Came by Cynthia Rylant
- The Grapes of Math, or The Best of Times, or Math Appeal by Gregory Tang. Check out Greg Tang’s website for online fun and new ways to approach problem solving!
- Multiplying Menace: The Revenge Of Rumpelstiltskin by Pam Calvert
- Minnie's Diner: A Multiplying Menu or The Great Divide: A Mathematical Marathon by Dayle Ann Dodds
- The Lion's Share: A Tale of Halving Cake and Eating It, Too by Matthew McElligott
- Now...for My Next Number! Songs for Multiplying Fun by Margaret Park
- One Hundred Hungry Ants or A Remainder of One by Elinor Pinczes and Bonnie McCain
- Bean Thirteen by Matthew McElligott
- Cheetah Math or Polar Bear Math by Ann Whitehead Nagda
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10