License Plate Bingo
Help your child learn about the 50 states — and get relief from the backseat boredom.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Memory and Memorization
Attention and Focus
What you need:
- Printable game board
- Pencils or pens
What to do:
- Decide how many game boards you'll need, and print them out. It's a good idea to have a few extra copies for mess-ups or more games!
- From the list of states at the bottom of the page, select 25 and write their names in the game board squares. No two game boards should be exactly alike.
- Next, determine which type of bingo you're going to play — diagonal, straight-line, or blackout (entire board).
- As you travel, each player looks out for license plates that correspond to the states they have written in on their boards. Call out the different state names as you spot them, and cross them off your board.
- The first player to complete their row (or board) has Bingo! Offer treats such as granola bars or small toys as prizes.
- For extra fun and learning, once one player has Bingo, have them call off the states within their Bingo row and see who can name the capitols of those states or tell any facts about those states.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 5-7