Which Number Wins?
Roll the dice and add them together to see which number comes up the most.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Adding and Subtracting
What you need:
- pencil or pen
- two dice
What to do:
- Make a recording sheet that is an 11 x 12 block grid with the numbers 2 through 12 written across the top.
- Roll the dice and record the number fact in the correct column. For example, if you roll a 3 and a 4, record 3 + 4 in the "7" column.
- Continue rolling the dice and recording the results until one number gets to the finish line first. Which number won?
- Keep the recording sheets. After playing the game several times (or even finding more than one person to play), see if some numbers won more than others. Did the number 5 win more often than the number 2?
- With your child, try to come up with explanations for why some numbers might win more than others.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10
Find Just-Right Books