Multiply math skills with this twist on a popular card game.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Multiplying and Dividing
What you need:
- 40 index cards
- pencil or pen
What to do:
- On four sets of ten index cards, write each of the numbers from 1 to 10.
- Each player receives 20 cards and places them facedown, in a stack.
- From the top of their stacks, both players deal themselves one card facedown (no peeking!) and then deal their opponent one card face up.
- Both players simultaneously turn over their facedown cards, multiply the numbers on the two cards together, and announce the product. The player with the larger product keeps all four cards and places them on the bottom of his or her stack.
- If there's a tie, both players repeat the process of dealing a face down card and a face up card. The winner of this second round takes all eight cards.
- If a player collects all 40 cards, that player wins. Otherwise, the player with the most cards after some predetermined time is the winner.
- comparing numeric inequalities
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10