Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- camera and film
- construction paper
- glue sticks
What to do:
- Go on a sign hunt with your child, photographing different signs that she sees. These can include street signs, exit signs, business signs, and traffic signs. Ask her to identify familiar signs.
- Together, create a sign book by gluing the photos onto construction paper. Leave room to write about the signs.
- Find a cozy place to cuddle and read the sign book together. Encourage your child to describe the meanings of the various signs. Ask questions to develop thinking and language skills, including, "What type of information does each sign communicate?" Write down the words she dictates about each picture.
- improves safety awareness
- builds pre-math skills with shape recognition
- enhances fine-motor skills
Find Just-Right Books