Greg Tang's Math Riddles
Discover clever tricks for solving math problems.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Adding and Subtracting
What to do:
- Go to the Greg Tang page in the Kids Fun Online area of Scholastic.com.
- Find the sample from The Grapes of Math. You'll hear a riddle. Listen carefully. Can you count to solve it?
- When you check the answer, you'll also find out Greg Tang's trick that makes solving the problem simpler.
- Next, try the subtraction riddle from Math for All Seasons.
- Which riddle seemed trickier?
- Finally, try making up your own math riddle with your child. Can she stump an older brother or sister?
- For more information about Greg Tang and his books, check out the rest of Tang's page.
- basic addition and subtraction
- pattern recognition