Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- wooden spoons (in various sizes and colors)
- decorations, including felt, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, drink umbrellas, yarn, and so on
- fabric glue
What to do:
- To ensure materials stick well, wash and dry the spoons first.
- Invite your child to transform a wooden spoon into a favorite character.
- Cut out shapes from felt and glue them to the spoons with fabric glue.
- Re-create our blue-haired friend by using the back of the spoon for the face, pipe cleaners for arms, yarn for hair, felt for the poncho, and a drink umbrella for the parasol.
- Then craft some more spoon pals, and make up a story for them to perform.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7
Find Just-Right Books