Winter Wonderland Mobile
Create an indoor winter wonderland with this cool craft for ages 4-5.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- Styrofoam wreath
- construction paper
- scissors (child and adult)
- glitter glue and other art supplies
What to do:
- Talk to your child about what he thinks about when he thinks of winter: Snowflakes? Penguins? Polar bears?
- Provide construction paper and art supplies and invite him to draw and decorate his "winter ideas."
- Help your child cut out his creations. You can also show him how to make snowflakes by folding a small piece of paper and cutting into it. Use string to attach the pieces to the wreath. Hang your Winter Wonderland Mobile where family and visitors can enjoy it.
- Your child might want to really express himself by making green snowflakes, a blue polar bear with red stripes, or orange snowflakes.