Talk on a Tin Can Phone
Take a trip back in time with this classic craft.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- 2 clean, empty cans (use a very sharp can opener on the cans to avoid jagged edges)
- poking tool (an awl or ice pick)
- paint and paintbrush (optional)
What to do:
- Poke a hole in the center of the bottom of each can.
- Cut a long piece of string and thread one end through the hole of one of the cans, then tie a knot in the string to secure it.
- Repeat with the other end of the string and the other can.
- Decorate cans as desired using paint.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 5-7
Find Just-Right Books