Use photography as reminder of the things in life that make us happy.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- camera and film
- Desiderata: Words for Life (optional)
What to do:
- Desiderata is a poem originally written in 1927 that offers wisdom about living a happy life. One suggestion involves finding calmness in the hustle and bustle of daily life. Beautiful photos accompany this copy of the poem.
- If available, read Desiderata with your child. Then talk about things that make her happy. Try to focus on the little things that add happiness to our daily lives. You might want to jump-start the discussion by sharing with her things that make you happy.
- Invite your child to determine how she could represent those things in photos. Use a simple camera to try to capture them.
- Then use the photos to make a collage.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10