Proud to Be Me Mobile
Celebrate special interests with this clever craft.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- tag board or other stiff paper
- hole puncher
- yarn of different colors
- plastic, colored hangers
What to do:
- Invite your child to create a mobile using one of these topics: My favorite things are ___; I am really good at___; My favorite book is___; When I grow up I want to be____.
- Cut out several large stars from the tag board. Use a stencil to keep the shapes consistent; your child can help with the tracing.
- Have your child to draw pictures reflecting her theme, or cut them from magazines or family photos, to decorate the stars. Paste one picture on each side of all the stars.
- If possible, laminate the star pieces. (You can do this at a copy shop or office-supply store.)
- Ask your child to hole-punch her stars at the top.
- Help your child thread the yarn through the hole and tie it to the hanger. Using different yarn lengths will create a more visually interesting effect.
- Hang the mobile in a special place!
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 6-7
Find Just-Right Books