Finger-Painted Place Mats
A handmade gift little ones love to make.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- finger paints
- cardboard or oaktag (about 12" x 8")
- clear contact paper
What to do:
- Encourage your baby to discover finger paints. Infants love mixing and exploring with their hands.
- Your baby can paint on cardboard or pieces of oaktag. When her creation dries, cover it with contact paper to make a place mat — a perfect gift for grandparents.
- builds fine-motor skills
- teaches color recognition
- promotes tactile awareness
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 0-2
Find Just-Right Books