Come Along With Me!
Give new life to a well-loved stuffed animal by making it into a pull toy.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Gross Motor Skills
What you need:
- stuffed animal
- 4 wooden wheels and 2 wooden dowels (available at craft stores)
- wood glue
- needle and thread
What to do:
- Measure and cut the dowel so you have two pieces that match the length of your stuffed animal.
- Using wood glue, attach wheels at either end of the dowels.
- To attach the animal to the wheels, sew a piece of ribbon with a set of snaps onto each foot of the stuffed animal. Snap shut around the dowel.
- Show your child how to pull the toy along. Enjoy!
- Boosts large motor skills
- Builds social skills through pretend play