Apple Dapple Surprise
Whip up a healthy breakfast that's so easy a toddler can help. Perfect for snacktime too!
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- 1 cup lowfat vanilla, lemon, or apple yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- One quarter teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons granola or another crunchy cereal of your choice
What to do:
- Wash everyone's hands thoroughly.
- Measure the vanilla yogurt and the applesauce in a mixing bowl, using a big wooden spoon.
- Measure and stir in the ground cinnamon.
- Help your child spoon the mixture into 4 small bowls. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the granola or other crunchy cereal.
- Talk with your child about how applesauce is made. Invite her to guess what food is used to make yogurt. Discuss the nutrients that are in yogurt and applesauce.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 2-5
Find Just-Right Books