Apple Dapple Surprise
Whip up a healthy breakfast that's so easy a toddler can help. Perfect for snacktime too!
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- 1 cup lowfat vanilla, lemon, or apple yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- One quarter teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons granola or another crunchy cereal of your choice
What to do:
- Wash everyone's hands thoroughly.
- Measure the vanilla yogurt and the applesauce in a mixing bowl, using a big wooden spoon.
- Measure and stir in the ground cinnamon.
- Help your child spoon the mixture into 4 small bowls. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the granola or other crunchy cereal.
- Talk with your child about how applesauce is made. Invite her to guess what food is used to make yogurt. Discuss the nutrients that are in yogurt and applesauce.
- Introduces basic cooking skills
- Teaches math
- Provides practice with measuring
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 0-2