Books: Here are some other great titles for your 0-2 year old:
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- Time for Bed by Mem Fox
- Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin and John Archambault
- Barnyard Dance! by Sandra Boynton
- Quick as a Cricket by Audry Woods
- The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear by Audrey Wood
- Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes of every kind!
Authors: Here are some authors who “get” this age group:
- Audrey Woods
- David Shannon
- Margaret Wise Brown
- Sandra Benton
- PD Eastman
- Rod Campbell
- Karen Katz
- Nancy Tufari
- Jan Thomas
- Mo Willems
- Eric Carlee
- Ezra Jack Keats
- Bill Martin Jr.
- Jane Yolan
- Michael Rosen
- Mem Fox
- Jez Alborough
- Karma Wilson
- Jane Chapman
- Hervé Tullet
- David Wiesner
- Lois Ehlert
- Tana Hoban
Magazines: One way to get children to love reading is to provide many different reading sources and opportunities. Magazines for this age are visual treats with short stories and a variety of genres. Most have hands-on active activities as well. Best of all, they are easy to carry around in your diaper bag!
Babybug Magazine: Made of very sturdy paper, this is a nice on-the-go collection of rhymes and very short stories to engage and entertain. Get ideas online for extensions. Don’t forget to check out the Babybug blog.
Wild Animal Baby: A Ranger Rick production, the sturdy pages of this magazine let even the youngest of babies have access to its simple playful content.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 0-2