Readers will learn about the lives of mill workers in England during the 1800s. This book discusses slavery in the United States and explains how mill workers fought for improved working conditions.
This delightful series brings something unusual to the study of history: humor. The You Wouldn't Want to... series revels in the darker side of life in ancient times. The reader is on center stage as he or she gets a tour through life as a slave, warrior, explorer, and even a mummy! Hilarious illustrations, captions, and sidebars leave no doubt that you simply wouldn't want to be there.
Perfect resource for reluctant readers with:
• humor and history tied to curriculum
• entertaining sidebars to pique reader's curiosity
• comprehensive glossary to support content
• index to make navigating subject matter easier
- 8, 9, 10
- Interest Level
- Grades 3 - 5
- Grade Level Equivalent
- Lexile Measure
- Guided Reading
- SBO - SALARIYA BOOK COMPANY