This book recounts events of September 11, 2001, when terrorists flew into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, discusses what is known of the terrorists, and relates how America has responded to the tragedy.
Dramatic and defining moments in American history — from colonial times to the present day — come vividly to life in Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series. A natural extension of the acclaimed original series, the second series returns its focus to the United States with more of what middle-grade teachers and students are looking for to support history, social studies, and geography curricula.
Authoritative and up-to-date, Cornerstones of Freedom, Second Series is an exceptional and indispensable resource for middle-grade readers.
• Expanded subject coverage
• Subheadings clarify what text is about
• Informative sidebars integrated with text highlight areas of interest
• Glossary words now boldfaced in text
• Comprehensive time lines
• "To Find Out More" sections and index now in every volume
- 11, 12, 13
- Interest Level
- Grades 6 - 8
- Grade Level Equivalent
- Lexile Measure
- Guided Reading
- Children's Press (CT)
- Number of Pages