Dramatic and defining moments in American history — from colonial times to the present day — come vividly to life in Cornerstones of Freedom™, Second Series. A natural extension of the acclaimed original series, the second series returns its focus to the United States with more of what middle-grade teachers and students are looking for to support history, social studies, and geography curricula.
Authoritative and up-to-date, "Cornerstones of Freedom™, Second Series" is an exceptional and indispensable resource for middle-grade readers.
This book, Rosie the Riveter, recounts the inspiring story of the American women who took on non-traditional paid work outside the home during World War II.
• Expanded subject coverage
• Subheadings clarify what text is about
• Informative sidebars integrated with text highlight areas of interest
• Glossary words now boldfaced in text
• Comprehensive timelines
• “To Find Out More” sections and index now in every volume
- 9, 10, 11
- Interest Level
- Grades 4 - 6
- Grade Level Equivalent
- Guided Reading
- Number of Pages
- Informational Text