Aar! Hoist the sails for a lavish new discovery filled with treasures — a magnificent resource for pirate lovers everywhere. The eagerly awaited new title in the best-selling 'Ology' series — more than 5 million sold worldwide!
Step lively, pirate foes and fanciers! Mysterious booty found inside a long-lost sea chest, hidden for hundreds of years off the coast of Newfoundland, has just been uncovered for your enjoyment. Within these covers is the fascinating eighteenth-century journal of Captain William Lubber, an earnest soul who sailed the seas in search of the vicious female pirate Arabella Drummond.
Prepare for a mesmerizing tale of the golden age of piracy — from storm-tossed sailing ships to tantalizing treasure islands, from pirates' flags and fashions to their wily weapons and wicked ways. An extraordinary find for pirateologists, here is a true and complete companion for the dedicated pirate hunter.
Pirateology's special treasures include:
– a stunning cover bearing a working compass and glittering gems
– treasure map with a missing piece
– for the canny reader to find
– multiple flaps, maps, charts, and booklets harboring codes and clues
– intricate drawings of ships' interiors
– a packet of gold dust
– a pocket sundial
– a cache of pirate letters, pieces of eight
– and a jewel as a final reward
- 8, 9, 10
- Interest Level
- Grades 3 - 5
- Lexile Measure
- Guided Reading
- Number of Pages
- Fiction, Science Fiction and Fantasy