In this original story read to the tune of "The Green Grass Grew All Around," preschoolers can follow the fall season in a single place as it progresses. The green leaves turn brown, the sky gets darker, the wind blows, the pumpkins are ready to pick, the leaves fall all around, and then it's winter. Eye-catching full-color illustrations provide a beautiful look at all that happens in the natural world during the fall.
- Books are available in reinforced library bindings and paperback editions; either one is a perfect "grown up" format for preschoolers who have just graduated from board books.
- Bright green and blue branding clearly identifies the entire "Rookie Preschool" line; each level of "Rookie" books will carry its own distinctive color pattern.
- Each "My First Rookie Reader" addresses 1 of 5 essential curriculum themes: self; home/family; neighborhood; wider world; and readiness concepts.
- Beyond its main curriculum theme, each book offers secondary learning topics to use with preschoolers upon subsequent readings.
- At the end of each book is a parent note with suggested activities linked to the story and its theme.
- Interest Level
- Grades PreK - K
- Grade Level Equivalent
- Lexile Measure
- Book Type
- Begining Reader Book
- Number of Pages