This book examines the culture of Ancient Mesopotamia and the social structure of the Sumerians, Babylonians, and Assyrians, and provides details on cuneiform writing, the Code of Hammurabi, Assyrian military strength, and archaeological discoveries.
This series teaches middle-school readers about the history, culture, and archaeology of ancient times. Each title tells the story of a different featured civilization through its inhabitants, focusing on different segments of its society, such as peasants, scholars, priests, soldiers, rulers, and more.
• Perfect resource for reports on ancient civilizations
• Biographical dictionary highlights important figures
• Sidebars provide interesting facts and discoveries
• A timeline shows the history of each culture
- 11, 12, 13
- Interest Level
- Grades 6 - 8
- Grade Level Equivalent
- Lexile Measure
- Guided Reading
- Franklin Watts
- Number of Pages
- General Nonfiction, Dictionaries, Reference, Series