THE ENERGY SAVERS CLASSROOM LIBRARY INCENTIVE OFFER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
This Incentive Is Intended for Viewing in Texas only
1. How to Enter. Go to http://www.scholastic.com/Oncor from October 5, 2012, at 12:01 a.m. to October 22, 2012, at 11:59 p.m., click on "Pass It On!" and download Worksheet 4 [the Postcard Worksheet]. Have your students complete the postcard activity and mail the completed postcards to: Energy Savers Postcards, c/o Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, Room 540, New York, NY 10012. Ten (10) Schools (as defined below) whose Teachers (as defined below) mail in a packet of completed postcard worksheets from a minimum of 75% of the students in a Teacher's respective classroom will each receive a classroom library from Scholastic (ARV $2,500).
"The Scholastic Library Incentive Offer" (the "Incentive") is open to schools with grades 2–4 that are public or accredited private schools or home schools in compliance with the laws of Texas (hereinafter referred to as "Schools"). Teachers at a School who teach at least one of the above grades (i.e., 2–4), are over 18 at the time of entry, and who have the authority to bind the school may submit entries on behalf of the School. The Incentive is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Incentive is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Oncor ("Sponsor"), Scholastic Inc. ("Scholastic"), their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers, and dealer personnel, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively referred to as "Sponsor's Related Entities"), and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and those living in the same household of each employee, whether or not related), and all others associated with the development and execution of this Incentive and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and those living in the same household of each employee, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate in the Incentive.
HOW TO ENTER:
IT IS ESSENTIAL FOR THE PROPER AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS INCENTIVE THAT EACH POSTCARD MUST BE THE STUDENT'S OWN ORIGINAL WORK AND CANNOT CONTAIN PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED AND/OR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. IF SPONSOR OR SPONSOR'S RELATED ENTITIES DISCOVER AT ANY TIME, DURING OR AFTER THE INCENTIVE, THAT A POSTCARD CONTAINED PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED AND/OR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL, THE TEACHER AND SCHOOL THAT SUBMITTED THE POSTCARD WORKSHEETS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED AND WILL BE OBLIGATED TO IMMEDIATELY RETURN ANY AND ALL INCENTIVE OFFERS THAT MAY HAVE BEEN PROVIDED TO THEM IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR ENTRIES.
To enter the Incentive, students will write an energy-saving activity and illustrate an energy-saving activity on the postcard worksheets provided at www.scholastic.com/oncor and http://www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=3757533. Teachers must mail a packet of the completed postcard worksheets, along with the teacher's name, grade, number of students in the class, school name, school address, school phone number, and teacher's email address, to: Energy Savers Postcards, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, Room 540, New York, NY 10012. The postcard worksheets should all be submitted in one envelope. Scholastic and Oncor are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, postage-due postcards or mail, or typographical or other errors in the printing of this offer. Postcard packets must be postmarked by October 22, 2012.
Limit one (1) submission per classroom. All postcard worksheets become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of postcard worksheets will not be acknowledged or returned. Delivery of classroom library requires a school address (no P.O. Boxes).
2. Start/End Dates. Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) on October 1, 2012, and ends on October 22, 2012, 11:59 p.m. ET.
3. Prizes/Odds. Ten (10) incentives, each consisting of a classroom library from Scholastic (ARV $2,500). Total ARV of all prizes: $25,000.00. Odds of winning depend on the number of entrants to the Incentive.
4. Notification. Teachers who submitted the winning entries will be notified on or about October 29, 2012, of their winning status. If any Teacher cannot be contacted, if any prize is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Incentive rules and requirements, the Incentive will be forfeited. An authorized representative on behalf of the Schools, the Teacher, and any student who participated in a winning submission may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternative winner may be selected. Upon Incentive forfeiture, no compensation will be given. By entering the Incentive, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Incentive. Limit one prize per submitting Teacher.
5. Conditions. Each School and Teacher represents and warrants that Sponsor shall own the entry and all rights in and to the entry submitted (including all rights embodied therein in winning entries) and that Sponsor and Scholastic and their designees may exploit, edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any entry and elements embodied therein, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known for advertising, promotional, or other purposes throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or notification to, or permission of the entrant, except as prohibited by law. The Schools and Teachers represent and warrant that they have release forms and/or other documentation on file that allows them to grant the rights to Sponsor and Scholastic set forth herein, and that they and/or their students cannot assert any ownership rights to an entry. Further, by entering, Schools and the submitting Teachers agree to abide by these rules, warrant and represent that their entries are true and accurate, and grant to Sponsor and Sponsor's designees the right to use the entry, Winners' names, Teachers' names, information provided, and likeness in any media now or hereafter known for advertising, promotion, and/or other purposes throughout the world without additional compensation or notification to, or permission of the Schools, Teachers, and/or students, except as prohibited by law. All taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winning Schools. By participating, Teachers and Schools agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Sponsor's Related Entities and the employees, officers, and directors of each, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost, or expense whatsoever, including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury, and/or death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Incentive, or possession, acceptance, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Incentive-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Teachers and Schools that do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this promotion in any way shall be disqualified. Incentive is nontransferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any books, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a library of equal or greater value.
7. Sponsor. Oncor, 1616 Woodall Rodgers Freeway, Dallas, TX 75202