It’s tough to keep still during long classes or study sessions, but here are a few ways that your group can work with teachers to keep minds fresh and bodies limber!
- Ask a teacher or two to help your group with this project.
- Make a list of different ways that movement can be integrated into the day. The possibilities are endless, but here are some ideas to get you started:
- Review time: When reviewing material, students can stand in a line against the wall. Each time they answer a question correctly, they take one step forward. The first to reach the “finish line” wins!
- Pop quizzes: Each time a student correctly answers a question, he or she can move to a different seat in the classroom.
- Reading: Act out reading assignments!
- Math and science: Encourage students to find physical ways to express math problems or science concepts.
Order a FREE classroom set of 30 copies of Victor’s Garden, plus the Action Guide!
Want more inspired ideas?
Key *Quick and easy **Bit of work ***Long-term project