Share the importance of healthy living and ways that everyone can help get your community healthy and active!
- Watch The Weight of the Nation: The Rethinkers at iom.edu/weightofthenation. Make a list of new things your group has learned, as well as any questions they have.
- Separate into four groups and ask each group to visit one of the following websites to answer these questions (each group should have an adult helper to answer questions): How did obesity become a problem? What can we do to improve our own health?
- The Weight of the Nation
- CATCH: Coordinated Approach To Child Health
- Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- National Institutes of Health: We Can! and the Weight Control Information Network
Order a FREE classroom set of 30 copies of Victor’s Garden, plus the Action Guide!
Key *Quick and easy **Bit of work ***Long-term project