FUNDINGFACTORY GO GREEN SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
Sweepstakes Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
1. To Enter. To enter the FundingFactory Go Green Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), visit the FundingFactory area of the Scholastic website at www.scholastic.com/FundingFactory, complete the online registration form, including your first and last names, title, email address, phone number, school name, school address, city, state, zip code, school type, and where indicated, answer the following: 1) “Please tell us about the green initiatives currently in place in your school”; and 2) “How could your school use $5,000 to support its eco-friendly practices?” You may also enter by printing the online entry form and mailing or faxing it, along with a written or typed response to the questions, to the below address or fax number, respectively. The Sweepstakes begins October 12, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), and ends March 1, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online Submitting Representative (as defined below), entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account submitted in connection with the entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it deems Submitting Representative’s responses to the questions to be offensive, inappropriate, or not answered in good faith, in its sole discretion. The Sweepstakes may be entered online (as above), by mail to: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, Space 519, New York, NY 10012; or via fax, to 212-343-4801. Incomplete entries will be discarded.
2. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to public schools, accredited private schools, and home schools in compliance with their state of residence that are located in one of the 50 United States (or the District of Columbia) and have any or all of the following grades: K–12 (a “School”). The Sweepstakes entries on behalf of the School shall be submitted by current teachers, administrators, librarians, technology coordinators, PTA/PTO presidents, secretaries, and/or coaches working at the School at the time of entry and who are over the age of 18 and are authorized by the School to participate in the Sweepstakes on behalf of the School (“Submitting Representative”). One submission per Submitting Representative. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Sponsor, FundingFactory, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their immediate families and those living in their households are not eligible to enter. Any person who attempts to defraud or tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes.
3. Winner. One (1) Grand Prize-winning School (the “Winner”) will be chosen soon after the final Sweepstakes entry deadline of March 1, 2013, 11:59 p.m. ET. The random drawing to select the Winner will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final. The Submitting Representative who submitted the winning entry will be notified by email at the email address provided at the time of entry on or about March 11, 2013. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes. If the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a potential winner chooses to decline the prize for any reason, or the Submitting Representative and/or potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules and all the requirements set forth herein, that prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s and FundingFactory’s discretion, awarded to an alternate School.
4. Prize. The Winner will receive $5,000. If the Winner is a home school, the Winner will receive $1,500, and the Winner must designate, subject to approval of Sponsor, a public or private school or a government or nonprofit child-focused organization in his/her community (the “Designated Entity”) to receive the remaining $3,500 of the prize. If the chosen Designated Entity refuses the prize for any reason, or refuses to agree to comply with the Official Rules, Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, another Designated Entity in the Winner’s community. Total approximate value of prize: $5,000. The prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, except as otherwise set forth herein. In the event of prize unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. After Sponsor’s reasonable attempt to award the prize, any unclaimed prize will not be awarded.
5. General. All entries will become the property of Scholastic and FundingFactory (including all rights embodied therein in winning entries) and will not be returned. Each Submitting Representative and School agrees Scholastic and FundingFactory and its designees may exploit, edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any entry and elements embodied therein, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known for advertising, promotional, or other purposes throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or notification to, or permission of the School and/or Submitting Representative, except as prohibited by law. By entering, Submitting Representatives and Schools agree to abide by these rules, and warrant and represent that their entry information is accurate.
The Winner and Submitting Representative who submitted the winning entry may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, Submitting Representatives and Schools, including the Winner, grant to Sponsor and FundingFactory the right to use his/her/its name, address, likeness, and live and taped performances of interview(s), for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, on the Scholastic.com website or on any or all marketing or advertising materials affiliated with and/or produced by FundingFactory without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting a prize, Submitting Representatives and Schools, including the Winner, agree to release Sponsor, FundingFactory, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion or production agencies, prize suppliers, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the foregoing, involved in the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prizes (including any travel and prize-related activities related hereto). Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Subject to all applicable laws.
In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by non-authorized human intervention, virus, bugs, or other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor and FundingFactory reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any Submitting Representative and/or School (and void an entry) whose conduct potentially compromises the Sweepstakes, and at its sole discretion, to award the prize from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to termination. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online Submitting Representative, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account.
The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, inaccurate, garbled, damaged, illegible, undelivered, delayed, misdirected, or postage-due entries or mail; for interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, fax line, telephone line, or other connections; for lack of availability or accessibility, or miscommunications due to failed computer, satellite, telephone, or cable transmissions or lines or fax machines; for technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; or for any other computer, network, technical, typographical, human, or other error, problem, or malfunction related to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems, or malfunctions that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the Winner’s prize, the processing of entries, or any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to a School’s, Submitting Representative’s, or to any other person’s computer (whether hardware or software), relating to or resulting from downloading materials or software in connection with the Sweepstakes.
7. Winner’s Name. Winner will be notified by email on or about March 11, 2013. The Winner’s name shall be posted on or about April 15, 2013, at www.scholastic.com/FundingFactory. After that date (for a period of two  months), you may also request the name of the Winner by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: FundingFactory Sweepstakes, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, Space 519, New York, NY 10012.
8. Sponsor. Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012. For any questions or concerns regarding the Sweepstakes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.