1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. To enter, click the “Sign Up Now” button and sign up for the live event by submitting your name, email address, school name, grade taught, zip code, and number of students you plan to watch the webcast with here between 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 17, 2013, and 11:59 p.m. ET on October 16, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). Scholastic Inc. (“Scholastic” or “Sponsor”) reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it deems an entrant’s responses to be offensive, inappropriate, or not completed in good faith, in its sole discretion. Only one entry per person and/or household. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account submitted in connection with the entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The “Unstoppable Classroom Giveaway” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are currently over the age of 18, who sign up to view the live event, and who teach any of the grades 3–6 at a school (“School”). Employees and members of their immediate families of Scholastic Inc., Unilever, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZES. Five (5) winners (the “Winners”) will be randomly selected by Scholastic from among all eligible entries on or about October 25, 2013, and notified by email on or about November 1, 2013. The Winners will each receive a 30-book classroom library and a class set of 30 student T-shirts (approximate retail value of each prize: $420; approximate retail value of all prizes: $2,100). The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable, and no alternative will be offered. Taxes on the prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner should allow approximately 6 to 8 weeks after notification and completion of affidavit (if required) for delivery of prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
5. GENERAL. By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Scholastic, Unilever, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, injuries, damages, or losses to the person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the Prize. The Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternative winner may be selected. Subject to all applicable laws. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, entrants grant to Scholastic and its designees the right to use his or her name, likeness, hometown, biographical information, school name, and entry for any lawful purposes, including advertising and promotional purposes, in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further notice, permission, or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
The Released Parties are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections; for lack of availability or accessibility, or miscommunications due to failed computer, satellite, telephone, or cable transmissions or lines; for technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; or for any other computer, network, technical, typographical, human or other error, problem, or malfunction related to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems, or malfunctions that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prizes, the processing or judging of entries, or any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other persons’ computers (whether hardware or software), relating to or resulting from downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes.
If for any reason (including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Scholastic, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes) the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Scholastic shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes.
6. WINNERS NAMES. The names of the Winners will be available on approximately December 1, 2013. You may request these names by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Unstoppable Classroom Library Sweepstakes Winner Names” in the subject line by March 1, 2014.
Sweepstakes Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
For any questions or concerns regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact email@example.com.