Crunch the Numbers
- Students will learn to add and subtract two- and three-digit numbers.
- Students will learn to use a pie chart to identify and add fractions and percents.
- Students will learn to solve word problems using fractions and number operations.
- Students will learn to record data in tables and show data in graphs.
- Students will understand that fruits and vegetables are healthy options for a snack.
- Students will understand that antioxidants exist within colorful fruits and vegetables.
- Students will learn to recognize and try new kinds of fruits and vegetables, such as those popular in other cultures.
- Students will set goals to eat more fruits and vegetables and use tables and graphs to track their progress.
Classroom Poster: Crunch the Numbers (PDF)
Real-World Reference Page(for students to complete Real-World Worksheets 1 & 2): Fresh from the Farm (PDF)
Real-World Worksheet 1: Pay the Grocer! (PDF)
Real-World Worksheet 2: Saturday Morning at the Market (PDF)
Family Take-Home Page 1: Crunch the Numbers (PDF)
Family Take-Home Page 2: Where Can You Find Fruits and Vegetables (PDF)
Standards Alignment (PDF)
Worksheet 1: Snack Time (PDF)
Worksheet 2: A Rainbow of Fruits & Vegetables (PDF)
Worksheet 3: Fruit Pursuit: Word Problems (PDF)