ADEPT Interview Criteria Forms
Library Media Specialist
PD 2: Administering the Library Media Program
-and show the section(s) of your policies and procedures manual that deal with the use of the library media center services, resources, and space.
-How were these policies and procedures developed?
-How do you communicate these policies and procedures to all members of the learning community (e.g., students, teachers, other school staff, parents)?
- What hours is the library media center open? How and by whom were these hours of operation determined?
-Show the schedule for the library media center. How does this schedule accommodate classes, small groups, and individual students? To what extent does this schedule provide maximum instructional access to the library media center services and resources (e.g., flexible scheduling, extended hours). How and by whom was the schedule developed?
-The library media center budget.
- How do you determine your budget needs? How and to whom do you communicate this information?
- What type of purchasing procedures do you follow, and what types of financial records do you keep? Please show examples.
- Your supervisory responsibilities in terms of other library media staff (e.g., other professional library media specialists, clerical and/or technical assistants, paraprofessionals, student workers, volunteers).
-Which library media center personnel do you supervise, and what type(s) of duties are assigned to each of these persons?
- How do you supervise each of these persons?
- How do you evaluate the job performance of each of these persons, and to whom do you communicate the results?
PD 4: Library Media Collection and Resource Management
- your collection development policy (e.g., selection, weeding, gifts/donations, challenged materials) and the ways in which this policy supports the curriculum-related needs of the school community.
- your circulation policy.
- and demonstrate the circulation system.
- and show the way(s) in which you have organized the collection to best promote its use and ensure its access to all students.
PD 5: Maintaining an Environment Conducive to Inquiry
- the ways in which the physical arrangement of the library media center provides maximum access to resources, including any physical adaptations that have been made to accommodate persons with disabilities.
- your strategies for ensuring that the library media center provides a safe, attractive, and inviting environment that is conducive to learning and inquiry.
- the ways in which you facilitate the effective use of library media services and resources by providing assistance, information, support, and/or instruction to all members of the learning community.
PD 6: Assessing the Library Media Program
Please describe and show examples of
- your formal and/or informal assessments of the library media collection (e.g., curriculum support, recreational reading, and access to information and resources). How have you used and/or will you use the results of these assessments?
- your formal and/or informal assessments of the instructional program (e.g., collaborations with teachers, scheduling, and impact on student learning). How have you used and/or will you use the results of these assessments?
-your formal and/or informal assessments of the facility (e.g., the arrangement, total space, useable space, accessibility, and furniture). How have you used and/or will you use the results of these assessments?