Quiz: Vocabulary From the Book
Get warmed up to enjoy Milly and the Macy's Parade with these six vocabulary words that appear in the book. You'll find all our activities and printables for this title in our Book Activity Set.
Read the sentence, then pick the best definition for the word that's in bold.
That's 0%. Thanks for playing!
- Soft stuffed animals like bears or kittens
- Small ornaments like inexpensive pieces of jewelry or little souvenirs
- Thick paperback books
- To miss your home and family
- To have a rash all over your body
- To cough and sneeze repeatedly
- Ice skating on a lake or pond
- Sledding down a hill
- Singing joyful songs, especially at Christmas
- Cheerful and lively
- Hungry and thirsty
- Mean and cranky
- To flutter like wings
- To shine with quick flashes of light, to sparkle
- To change color slowly
- Customs, ideas, and beliefs that are handed down from one generation to the next
- Things that are bought and sold, like clothing or school supplies
- Dances done in two facing lines, usually in a barn