It's Been a Great Year!
Classic Photo Book
- Use critical-thinking and writing skills to reflect on the goals they've achieved during the school year
- It's Been a Great Year! (PDF)
- Photo Permission Form (PDF)
- chart paper
- crayons or markers
- digital camera
- Internet access
SET UP AND PREPARE
Before you begin:
- Set up your classroom Collection at Shutterfly. Take photos of yourself and the classroom for parents to view online.
- Send home the reproducible Photo Permission Form (PDF) and invite parents to view your classroom photos online and upload their own family photos.
- As the school year winds down, have students reflect on what they've learned during the year, the goals they've accomplished, and the positive experiences they've shared as a class.
- Have students think of at least one thing they've learned or improved at during the year. List their responses on chart paper. Use the paper to create an end-of-year bulletin board that includes various student photos taken during the school year.
- Distribute It's Been a Great Year! (PDF) and give students time to create their own yearbook page, including several things they've learned during the year, names of friends they've made, and accomplishments they've achieved. Have students draw a picture of their most memorable moment.
- Take photos of students and their reproducibles and add them to your Shutterfly classroom collection so parents can view them online.
Shutterfly Bonus Activity: Create a yearbook Photo Book in which each child has his or her own page for your classroom library. Each individual student page can include two photos of the child-one from September and one taken near the end of the year — and a photo of the reproducible.
At home, have students and parents look at all the albums in your classroom collection and select their favorite memory of the school year. You can also choose to share the finished yearbook in your collection.