Tissue Box Train
Cutting out rectangles and triangles. Cutting spirals. Positioning. Gluing.
Scissors, ruler, colored or recycled paper, glue or tape, straws, recycled tissue boxes, toilet paper roll, bottle caps for wheels
1) Cover your empty tissue boxes on each side by cutting squares: four squares that measure 4 ½ x 5 inches and two squares that measure 4 ½ x 4 ½ inches.
2) Decorate each square before gluing them onto your tissue box—make windows, etc!
4) To make the wheels: glue a bottle cap onto either end of a straw. Using two pieces of tape, attach the straw and caps to the bottom of your tissue box; use two straws with caps to make front and back wheels.
5) Cut a paper towel roll into a two-inch cylinder, and glue to the front of your train.
7) Glue a triangle onto the front of your train and continue to embellish as you please!