Folding paper in half. Measuring equal distance. Cutting in a straight line.
Scissors, ruler, colored paper, stapler, twine
1) Begin with a piece of paper that measures 12 x 12 inches.
3) Using a ruler and a pencil, make lines one inch apart from fold to about an inch from the edge.
4) Start at the fold to make your cuts. Do not cut to the end of the page. Leave an inch or so margin.
6) Roll your paper into a cylinder—you will begin to see the lantern taking shape!
7) Staple the top and bottom together
8) Cut a strip 1 inch x 12 inches long for the handle; secure with a stapler at the top of your lantern.
9) Use twine to string them together.