Cutting in straight lines. Measuring one foot by one inch on the ruler. Cutting out spirals and curves.
Scissors, ruler, colored paper (shades of orange, brown and yellow; shades of green for the leaves), brads or brass fasteners, hole punch (preferably micro-size)
1) Cut 12 strips of colored paper that measure 1 inch x 12 inches (1 inch x 8 inches for the smaller pumpkins).
2) Using the punch, make a hole at either end of each strip of paper.
4) Once the brads have been secured on either end, carefully fan out the strips of paper to create a spherical pumpkin shape.
6) To make the curly vine, cut a circle in green paper. Cut in a spiral motion until you’ve reached the center of the circle. Expand the paper to bring your curly vine to life.
7) Glue the leaves and vine onto the top of your pumpkin (to hide the fastener) or punch a hole and slip them onto the fastener along with the other strips of paper.