People Paper Chains
Folding paper. Tracing a template. Cutting curves.
Scissors, ruler, colored paper, crayons, markers, notions, tape
People Paper Chains Reproducible (PDF)
1) Accordion-fold a piece of paper (8½ x 11 inches) so there are four even sections.
2) Using the template, trace the figure onto the front of the folded paper.
3) Carefully cut out the figure—be extra careful not to cut all the way through the width of the page. Cut the paper so that it allows for one of the figures’ arms to remain against the edge of the fold. Do not cut across the folds to “break” the crease.
4) Unfold your page to reveal a chain of people! Tape two sections of four people together.
5) Decorate your paper chain by cutting out embellishments, etc.