From Campaign 2009: Lesson 2: MOON MATH
Kids will solve fun word problems about life on the moon while they learn fire-safety facts.
To build skills in problem-solving, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fire safety.
Moon Math Worksheet
1. Tell students that they will read about Sparky® and the Space Dogs’ moon mission.
2. Pass out copies of the Moon Math Worksheet. Read the directions aloud. Allow time for students to complete the worksheet, working in pairs for more difficult problems.
3. Review the answers with the class.
4. Have students call out fire-safety tips they found in the word problems.
1. 29; Do an inspection to look for fire hazards.
2. 100 degrees; Check that water is less than 100 degrees before getting in.
3. 50; Ask an adult to test smoke alarms every month.
4. 45; Do not plug too many plugs into an outlet.
5. 9; Have an adult stay in the kitchen when food is cooking on the stovetop.