Emily Shao lives in Maryland and was born in 2001.
• Emily's favorite subject in school is writing.
• Her favorite sports are swimming, skiing, and running.
• Emily's family travels a lot, and she is fluent in Chinese.
• She is a member of the Junior Girl Scouts of America, and she is serving on her school's Student Association.
• Emily's favorite book is Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin, and she would like to be an author when she grows up.
"Learning new skills is like painting a picture. When you learn a new skill, you discover a new color in your life."