Nell Leibovich lives in Washington, D.C., and was born in 2000.
• Nell's favorite school subject is writing.
• She plays the recorder and the piano, does ballet, plays soccer, and enjoys Hebrew school.
• In her spare time, Nell bakes and reads.
• She hopes to be a food critic when she grows up.
"I want to be a Kid Reporter because I like to read intriguing stories, and I would like to write such stories for Scholastic."
- Teacher Store
The Teacher Store
Information in Action (Kindergarten)by Nell K. Duke
Unlock the world of informational text with projects that build reading, writing, and researching skills! Informational text expert Nell K. Duke’s new program for Grades K–5 moves students through the research and writing process in purposeful and engaging ways.$539.10 You save: 10%
Students create high-interest projects based on a variety of informational text types:
• Persuasive: Opinion
• Nonfiction Narrative
The Kindergarten kit contains print and digital materials for teaching 4 teaching units
• Teacher’s Guide: Contains step-by-step instructional guidance for four classroom‐tested, project-based learning teaching units, assessment forms, and links to standards
• New professional book by Nell K. Duke: Inside Information: Developing Powerful Readers and Writers of Informational Text Through Project-Based Instruction
• Online Access to videos of lessons in action in real classrooms, narrated by Nell Duke
• Launch Texts (1 title per unit, 1 copy each, 4 texts total): Articles for kicking off each unit to build students’ interest in and knowledge about the topic
• Mentor Texts (1 title per unit, 6 copies each, 24 texts total): Books that serve as models of the text type in which students are writing in each unit
• Source Texts (1 Big Book per unit, 1 copy each, 4 texts total): Magazine-like, information filled texts that students use as research sources
• Student Research Notebook (30 copies each): A consumable work text containing graphic organizers, data-gathering charts, feedback forms, self-assessment tools, drafting sheets, editing checklists, and more
• Why We Write Posters (Informative/Explanatory)
• Our Classroom Jobs Manual (Procedural/How-to)
• “Kids Saving the Rainforest” Picture Book (Nonfiction narrative)
• Let’s Reduce and Reuse Messages (Persuasive: Opinion)
Book Collection | Grade K
Grade K $539.10
- Teacher Store
The Teacher Store
Engaging Families in Children’s Literacy Development: A Complete Workshop Seriesby Nell K. Duke Gail E. Jordan and Kathryn L. Roberts
Teaching families how to build children’s literacy skills during everyday activities can play a big role in students’ future success in school and in life. This innovative research-based workshop kit prepares literacy educators to lead a series of five 90-minute sessions that demonstrate with videos and hands-on activities easy, practical ways families can read, write, draw, and talk with children. The goal is coaching families to be powerfully engaged in their children’s literacy growth at home. Created and field tested by three literacy experts, the workshop kit includes:
• A step-by-step workshop leader’s guide
• Hands-on literacy activity ideas for participating families to try
• Video clips of families engaged in lively literacy practices to kick-off each workshop
• 5 high-quality books for modeling ways to share books with children
• Tips for successful workshop implementation and boosting attendance
Perfect for family literacy development opportunities in school and community settings.
• Workshop Leader’s Guide
• DVD with videos
• CD includes reproducible forms and handouts
• Beyond Bedtime Stories, 2nd Edition
• 5 books (1 per workshop) Bugs A-Z by Caroline Lawton; Gregory, the Terrible Eater by Mitchell Sharmat; Mice and Beans by Pam Muñoz Ryan; Just Write! by Joanna Quick; Red-Eyed Tree Frog by Joy Cowley
Includes DVD, CD, 5 trade books and Workshop Leader's Guide.
Click here to learn more about Scholastic Professional
$112.49 You save: 25%
Professional Book | Grade PreK
Grade PreK $112.49