How to Use the Program
You may choose to:
- Use the materials for all five modules over the course of a semester or over a predetermined time.
- Use selected segments that are relevant to your curriculum or to your students.
- Customize the program to suit your needs by using selected lessons/activities from several segments.
Each lesson has the same structure for ease of use and includes the following:
- Lesson Title: Name of activity/exercise
- Estimated Time
- Type: The kind of exercises and activities that are part of the lesson; for example, discussion and share, research project, report, take-home activity, or calculation
- Description: Brief description of the lesson's focus and intent
- Learning Standards: Alignment with Common Core and National Education Standards
- Learning Objective(s): What will be learned
- Educator Resources/Materials Needed: Educator answer sheets, relevant websites, organizations, people (an insurance agent or banker, for example), glossary, etc.
- Related Activities/Student Worksheets: A list of activities/worksheets that go with the lesson
- Subject/Skill Focus: Skills that will be sharpened and subjects that tie into the lessons such as critical thinking, analysis of written material, math, etc.
- Lesson Script/Teaching Steps: How to conduct the lesson
- Assessment: Method for assessing student learning
Complete Educator's Guide
To download the complete Educator's Guide, click below.
Educator's Guide (PDF)