Mother’s Day, Any Occasion
Scissors, ruler, colored paper, drinking straws, double-stick tape, hole punch
Time It Takes to Complete This Activity
Approximately 45 minutes
1) Begin with a perfect square. The smaller bouquet uses squares that are 6 x 6 inches. Use as many paper squares as you want flowers!
2) Fold your square four times in half diagonally both ways, lengthwise and widthwise, so that you have nice creases on all sides.
3) Use the punch to make a hole in the center of the square.
4) Cut two inches into the center of each of the four sides of your square.
5) Adhere a small piece of double-sided tape just to the right of where you’ve made your cut.
6) Carefully pull each “flap” of paper and overlap it slightly onto the next side of your square; continue folding your paper over until you’ve formed all four of your petals. Push down on the double-sided tape to make sure it stays.
7) Slide a straw through the hole in the center of your flower to make a stem!