Father’s Day, Any Occasion
Scissors, ruler, recycled newspaper and colored paper, tape, glue, googly eyes (optional)
Time It Takes to Complete This Activity
Approximately 30 minutes
1) Cut a piece of paper so that it’s a perfect square (8½ x 8½ inches).
2) Fold the paper in half diagonally to create a triangle.
3) Fold two corners of the triangle upward to create a diamond.
4) Fold the diamond in half once to create a triangle.
5) Fold the triangle in half once more to create your final triangle shape.
6) Secure the open flap with a small piece of tape.
7) Cut pieces of colored paper to embellish your “monster”—cut a zigzag shape for teeth, which can be pasted in between the flaps of paper on one side of the triangle; glue on googly eyes and add other embellishments. Add glasses for the Father’s Day variation!