2015 Drive2Life Student PSA Contest
Open to Students in Grades 6–12
Students in grades 6–12 can help promote pedestrian safety by entering the 2015 Drive2Life Contest.
Contest Topic: Help prevent distracted walking
How to Enter
To enter, each participating student must create a storyboard or written script for a 30-second public service announcement (PSA) to help prevent distracted walking.
One Grand Prize winner will win $1,000 and a trip to NYC to have his or her PSA filmed professionally. Plus, the winner and PSA video will be featured on Teen Kids News and in select Scholastic magazines! See the Prizes section below for more details.
Click here for complete details on the contest and how to enter:
- Entries must be storyboards or written scripts that illustrate the PSA topic—preventing distracted walking—and should be 30 seconds in length.
- Videos will not be accepted.
- Individual entries only—no group entries are permitted.
- Each entry must have a completed and signed contest entry form securely attached to it. Download the entry form below. (Note: You may want to print and complete the teacher portion of the form before copying the entry form for students.)
- Online submissions are not permitted.
- Entries with completed entry forms must be mailed to: Drive2Life Contest, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, Office 519, New York, NY 10012.
Contest Deadline Entries must be postmarked by February 10, 2015, and received by February 24, 2015.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity (30 points) (Is the PSA unique and creative?)
- PSA concept (30 points) (Does the PSA clearly and accurately address the contest topic—preventing distracted walking? Are the message and concept effective?)
- Clarity of message (30 points) (Is the idea communicated clearly? Is the PSA well organized?)
- Quality of writing (10 points) (Does the PSA reflect proper spelling and grammar?)
The Grand Prize winner receives $1,000 and a trip to New York City, where a professional film crew will transform the student’s vision into a 30-second commercial! Four runners-up (two from grades 6–8 and two from grades 9–12) each will receive $500.
The teacher of each student winner will receive a classroom subscription to a relevant Scholastic magazine (30 student editions and one teacher’s guide) for the 2015–2016 school year.
See Official Rules for details. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
For a list of winners (available after April 1, 2015), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Drive2Life Winners’ List, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, Office 519, New York, NY 10012.