January 10, 2011, Issue
Scaffolded writing activities for this issue.
(One of our most popular features!)
| Debate: |
Guided Opinion Essay
This self-guided worksheet makes essay-writing a painless process. Includes two bonus handouts: transition words and a self-edit checklist. Great for homework!
| Then & Now: |
& Taylor Swift
Guided Compare & Contrast Essay
Students write a compare-and-contrast essay using this self-guided, step-by-step worksheet.
Want to see more activities for this issue? Click here.
Check out our guided writing activities from previous issues:
1. Debate: Are Commercials Making You a Junk-Food Freak?
2. Debate: Do Fame and Fortune Make You Happy?
3. Then & Now: Hercules vs. Superman
4. Debate: Does Michael Vick Deserve His Comeback?
5. Then & Now: Open Up and Say "Aaaaah!"
6. Debate: Your Computer Is Watching You
7. Then & Now: Voldemort vs. Dracula
8. Then & Now: Bart Simpson vs. Tom Sawyer
9. Debate: Is Reality TV Making You Stupid?
10. Debate: Sailing Into Danger
11. Then & Now: Romeo & Juliet vs. Edward and Bella