December 13, 2010
ENTER OUR CONTEST!
DIGITAL PACKAGE FOR:
"Who Loses in the Sandwich Wars?" pp. 6-7
- Projectable PDF of this article
- Differentiated-instruction activities: BASIC or ADVANCED
- Hear a listen-and-read podcast
EVEN MORE RESOURCES FOR THIS ISSUE:
- PRINTABLE: This issue's skills review quiz
- NEW! NUMBERS IN THE NEWS!
Click for this week's story!
- STUDENT POLL: I'll Have a Burger, Fries, and 1,200 Calories
- TEACHER'S EDITION: Download it here
related to the articles and skills in the December 13, 2010 issue of Scholastic MATH Magazine.
For each, we indicate if it is intended for students, teachers, or both.
- "FAST MATH," PP. 2-3
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS: If you love The Chronicles of Narnia, Gulliver's Travels, or reading in general, find your "bookprint" and see what books others are reading.
- "WHO LOSES IN THE SANDWICH WARS?," PP. 6-7
All major restaurants list their nutrition information online; just Google the name of the restaurant.
TEACHERS: Some fast-food alternatives to share with your class.
TEACHERS: Here is a box-and-whisker activity and lesson plan.
- "SINGING SY'S FRACTION ACTION," PP. 8-9
STUDENTS: If you want to become an actor, here is a helpful outline of the job and employment statistics.
- "VOLLEYBALL: A BIG HIT," PP. 10-11
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS: Follow the 2010 NCAA Women's Volleyball Championship.
- "PRODUCT PLACEMENT," PP. 12-13
STUDENTS: Are you ad savvy? Find out! Plus, create your own ads and other activities.
TEACHERS: Here are some great resources for speaking to your class about advertisements.
- BACK PAGE
STUDENTS: A fun simplifying fractions game with four levels of difficulty.