November 8, 2010
ENTER OUR CONTEST!
DIGITAL PACKAGE FOR:
"Splashes and Taxes" pp. 14-15
- Projectable PDF of this article
- Differentiated-instruction activities: BASIC or ADVANCED
- Hear a listen-and-read podcast
EVEN MORE RESOURCES FOR THIS ISSUE:
- PRINTABLE: This issue's skills review quiz
- NEW! NUMBERS IN THE NEWS!
Click for this week's story!
- STUDENT POLL: Taxes: Fair or Foolish?
- TEACHER'S EDITION: Download it here
related to the articles and skills in the November 8, 2010 issue of Scholastic MATH Magazine.
For each, we indicate if it is intended for students, teachers, or both.
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS: Here are the U.S. box office earnings for all the Harry Potter movies.
- "FAST MATH," PP. 2-3
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS: Learn more about the Giant Isopod.
- "EMMA'S COLLEGE COSTS," PP. 4-5
STUDENTS: More helpful information about college costs and how to pay for them.
- "SMARTPHONES' SOARING SALES," PP. 6-7
STUDENTS: Make your own line graph.
- "TEMPA-CHIRP," PP. 10-11
TEACHERS: A short biography of A.E. Dolbear to share with your class.
- "PUTS THE FOOT IN FOOTBALL," PP. 12-13
STUDENTS: Keep track of statistics from your favorite punters for the rest of the season.
- "SPLASHES AND TAXES," PP. 14-15
STUDENTS: Taxes can be confusing, even for adults. Here are some helpful tips.