VIDEOS AND LINKS FOR THIS ISSUE!
- “Long Licker,” p. 2: Check out photos of more record-breaking animals from the new book Guinness World Records 2011.
- “Walk on Water,” p. 3: Watch people run and fall in a Waterwalkerz ball! Several videos are posted here on the Waterwalkerz site; we recommend the video titled “450,000 views our first vid,” in the top row, third from the left.
- “The Karate Kid,” p. 4: Watch a preview of the movie.
- “Shrek Forever After,” p. 10: Watch a funny preview of the movie.
- “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader,” p. 24: Watch a preview of the new movie.
SKILLS SHEETS AND QUIZZES
Online-Only Skills Sheets:
(For the web site address that lists answers to these skills sheets, look at the answer key in your printed Teachers Edition.)
- Making Things Happen
SKILL: Cause and Effect
BASED ON: “Shrek Forever After,” p. 10
- Map “The Karate Kid”
SKILL: Making a Story Elements Map
BASED ON: “The Karate Kid,” p. 4
- Watch the Verbs
SKILL: Verb Tenses—Past, Present, Future
USE WITH: “Indian Mascots in Sports,” p. 30
- Review It
SKILL: Writing a Review
BASED ON: “Victorious: Survival of the Hottest,” p. 16
- Order, Order!
SKILL: Sequence of Events
BASED ON: “The Chronicles of Narnia: the Voyage of the Dawn Treader” p. 24
From the Teacher's Edition:
- Opposite Day
- All About “Shrek Forever After”
SKILL: Reading Comp Test Prep
- Support Your Opinion
SKILL: Supporting an Opinion
Download this issue's Teacher's Edition here. (Answers have been removed.)