Fun Finds November 2010
CDs & DVDs
1. The Little Blue Doggy Michelle Campagne & Family The title song of this CD/storybook set centers on a stuffed dog who falls on hard times when he encounters a closet full of hungry mites. Ouch! Distinguished Canadian musician Lionel Daunais penned this and 12 other offbeat tunes in the 1950s. The Secret Mountain, $17. Ages 5 and up.
2. Party Like a Twinkle Star Charity and the JAMBand First, rockin' out, then tuckin' in! Bluesy, upbeat rhythms on the first disc balance out the simmering slow jams on the second. MusiMatics, $20. All ages.
3. Bayou Boogie Buckwheat Zydeco A raucous and festive blast from the bayou! The Grammy winner from southwest Louisiana and his veteran band zip through roaring, celebratory sounds — new and old. Music for Little People, $16. Ages 5 and up.
4. Abby and Friends: P Is for Princess P is also for pretend, as "Princess" Abby Cadabby is quite an imagination enthusiast. With guest stars Natalie Portman and Paul Rudd as well as Elmo and other Sesame Street faves, Abby and Friends is part make-believe, all fun. Sesame Street, $15. Ages 2 to 4.
5. Max & Ruby: A Visit With Grandma Four episodes of Rosemary Wells’s classic duo spending time with Grandma. Ruby’s efforts to keep her little brother in line are always entertaining. Nickelodeon, $17. Ages 2 to 5.
6. Shaun the Sheep: Party Animals Wherever the giggling stop-animation star of these seven episodes roams, trouble isn't far behind. If the neighbor's pigs aren't pelting him with mud, Shaun is partying or polishing his pool cue skills . . . and other basic sheep stuff. Lyons/HIT, $15. Ages 8 and up.