LOSS AND THE SCHOOL COMMUNITY
Download the PDF here.
Guide includes information on:
- School Crisis Team Interventions: what to do right away
- Notification: get the word out
- Support Services at School: crisis and grief counseling
- Impact on Learning: academic support and changes in learning
- Communication and Outreach: media attention and student protection
- Special Circumstances: cause of death and liabilities
Visit www.cincinnatichildrens.org/school-crisis for more information.
Source: National Center for School Crisis and Bereavement
Goals of Support
Preparing a school crisis plan, responding to a death, and school community goals.
Making Sure All Students Are Informed
How to share the news with students, reactions to except, and how to provide support.
Notify parents, students, and staff of a recent loss with this helpful template.
Download Sample Letter here.