September 6, 2010
DIGITAL PACKAGE FOR:
"FEARLESS FELIX," pp. 12-13
- Projectable PDF of this article
- Differentiated-instruction activities: BASIC or ADVANCED
- Hear a listen-and-read podcast
EVEN MORE RESOURCES FOR THIS ISSUE:
- PRINTABLE: This issue's skills review quiz
- NEW! NUMBERS IN THE NEWS!
Click for this week's story!
- STUDENT POLL: Overpaid athletes?
- TEACHER'S EDITION: Download it here
related to the articles and skills in the September 6, 2010 issue of Scholastic MATH Magazine.
For each, we indicate if it is intended for students, teachers, or both.
STUDENTS: Practice multiples with this fun 2-player game.
- "SWIFT SHOPS!," PP. 4-5
STUDENTS: Tips on how to be a smart consumer.
- "WIN AT ALL COSTS," PP. 6-7
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS: From the Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics, a site to create your own bar graph.
- "SKYLIGHT: FACTOR FANTASY," PP. 10-11
STUDENTS: Practice factors with this fun 2-player game.
- "FEARLESS FELIX'S FAST FALL," PP. 12-13
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS: Keep up with Fearless Felix's adventures from his official site.
- "LOST IN PLACE," PP. 14-15
STUDENTS: Review decimal place value with this puzzle and reveal a hidden picture.
- BACK PAGE
STUDENTS AND TEACHERS: In this video, Mrs. Obama talks about the importance of growing fruits and vegetables from the White House kitchen garden.