Fiskars Classroom Makeover Sweepstakes
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
1. To enter the Fiskars® Classroom Makeover Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes"): simply visit the Fiskars School Supply Sweepstakes area of the Scholastic Web Site at http://scholastic.com/kidscissors, complete the online registration form including teacher name, grade taught, city, state, zip code, and email address, and upload a school supply list where indicated. You may also enter by printing the online entry form and faxing or mailing it, along with a school supply list to the below number or address, respectively. Sweepstakes begins August 15, 2011, at 4:00 p.m. EST, 2011 and ends October 15, 2011, at 4:00 p.m. EST. A final random drawing for one (1) grand-prize winner will occur soon after the final sweepstakes deadline.
One entry per person. All entrants submitting an entry prior to the final Sweepstakes deadline shall be eligible for the prize. This Sweepstakes may be entered online, by mail to: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, Box 713, New York, NY 10012, or via fax, to 212-389-3505.
2. Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open only to U.S. teachers who as of the date of entry are legal residents of, and currently reside in, the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia), 18 years of age or older, and who teach in grades K-12 in a registered public school, home schools that are in compliance with the laws of the state where the home school is located or accredited private school. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Fiskars Corporation, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their immediate families and those living in their households are not eligible to enter. Any person who attempts to defraud or tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes.
3. Winner. The one (1) Grand-Prize Sweepstakes winner (the "Winner") will be chosen soon after the final Sweepstakes entry deadline of October 15, 2011, 4:00 p.m. EST. The random drawing to select the Winner will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes shall be final. The Winner will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address provided at the time of entry. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes. If the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential Winner chooses to decline the prize for any reason, or fails to comply with these Official Rules and all the requirements set forth herein, that prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's and Fiskars' discretion, awarded to a an alternate entrant.
The Grand-Prize Winner will each receive one (1) gift card valued at $1,000.
Total approximate retail value for the prizes $1,000.
The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable, and cannot be redeemed for cash. In the event of prize unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Incomplete entries will be discarded. After Sponsor's reasonable attempt to award the prize, any unclaimed prize will not be awarded.
5. General. All entries will become the property of Fiskars (including all rights embodied therein in winning entries), will not be returned and each entrant agrees Fiskars and its designees may exploit, edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any entry and elements embodied therein, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now or hereafter known for advertising, promotional, or other purposes throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or notification to, or permission of the entrant, except as prohibited by law. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules, warrant and represent that their entry information is accurate and that their entry does not violate any third party's rights. The Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) business days of notification attempt or an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting a prize, the Winner grants to Sponsor and Fiskars the right to use his/her name, address, likeness, live and taped performances of interview(s), for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to on the Scholastic.com Web site or on any or all marketing or advertising materials affiliated with and/or produced by Fiskars without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting a prize, entrants and the Winner agree to release Sponsor, Fiskars, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or production agencies, prize suppliers and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the foregoing, involved in the Sweepstakes (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prizes (including any travel and prize-related activities related hereto). By accepting the prize, the Winner further agrees to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever, unforeseen circumstances, or damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the Sweepstakes. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Subject to all applicable laws.
In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by non-authorized human intervention, virus, bugs, or other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor and Fiskars reserve the right in their sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any participant (and void his/her entry) whose conduct potentially compromises the Sweepstakes and at its sole discretion to award the prize from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to termination. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account.
The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, inaccurate, garbled, damaged, illegible, undelivered, delayed, misdirected, or postage-due entries or mail; for interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, fax line, telephone line or other connections; for lack of availability or accessibility, or miscommunications due to failed computer, satellite, telephone, or cable transmissions or lines or fax machines; for technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; or for any other computer, network, technical, typographical, human or other error, problem, or malfunction related to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems, or malfunctions that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the Winner's Prize, the processing of entries, or any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants' or to any other persons' computer (whether hardware or software), relating to or resulting from downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes.
7. Winner's Name. The Winner will be notified by email on or about: October 23, 2011. The Winner's name shall be posted on or about October 20, 2011 at www.scholastic.com/kidscissors. After that date you may also request the name of the Winner by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Fiskars® Classroom Makeover Sweepstakes, Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10012-3999, Attn: Megan Kaessahaefer.
8. Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012. For any questions or concerns regarding this Sweepstakes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.