What's New With READ 180
READ 180 Community Newsletter – Spring 2010
Are you looking for ways to extend the learning in your classroom? Engage students with new and exciting topics with the new rBook® FLEX II! Do you need motivating content to get your students' career and college ready? Get them excited about the real world by exposing them to a wide range of jobs in different fields and career clusters with the new REAL JOBS Library!
Introducing rBook FLEX II
New For Your Stage B and Stage C Students!
The rBook FLEX II is designed to provide an additional year of age-appropriate content for middle and high school READ 180 classrooms. READ 180 rBook FLEX II covers similar skills and strategies as the original rBook and more, with exciting new content and standards-aligned instruction that includes rigorous reading and multi-paragraph writing, and takes the rBook deeper into the 21st Century.
• Clear content-area connections
• Multi-paragraph writing instruction
• Wrap-Up Projects and Project-based assessment
• Career skills focus
• 21st Century literacy application
• New focus on Author’s Purpose
• Summarizing is taught throughout every workshop
Included with the purchase of the rBook FLEX II Classroom Pack
• Teacher’s Edition
• Student rBooks (60 copies)
• Anchor DVD
• rSkills Tests*
* Customers must install READ 180 Enterprise Edition version 1.10 to access the FLEX II rSkills Tests.
|READ 180 rBook FLEX II Sale Expires 5/31/2010 † Must also purchase rBook FLEX II Teacher’s Edition|
REAL JOBS Library
Get ready for college and careers
REAL JOBS books are organized around four themes:
- Roads to Success profiles out-of-the-ordinary jobs and tells the stories of people who have achieved career success in surprising ways.
- 21 Jobs presents hundreds of cool ideas about jobs students can do now or in the future, whether their ambitions lie in creating art, designing gadgets, traveling the world, saving the planet, or just making some pocket money right now!
- The Inside Story takes students behind the scenes at a fashion show, emergency room, custom auto shop, various sporting events, and a criminal science investigation to find out how people really spend their time at work!
- How-To ... gives practical examples of how to find and keep a job and how to pursue your passion, as well as preparing students for life after high school.
The REAL JOBS Library includes:
- 18 leveled paperbacks about jobs, careers, and life skills, designed especially for struggling readers (5 copies of each title).
- Teaching Resources that focus on 21st Century competencies, college and career readiness, applied job and workplace skills, exploration, and real-world writing tasks.
- A classroom poster and SRC! H.O.T. quizzes.